On behalf of the SAMS Council and the Local Organising Committee of the SAMS/AMS Joint Congress hosted by the NMMU in Port Elizabeth from 29 November - 3 December 2011, we are pleased to invite proposals for special sessions.
The proposals should include the following:
Participants in the special session will be expected to present a 20 minute talk. These talks will be scheduled consecutively in one venue, and in synchrony with the parallel session times.
- The name and afilliation of the organiser(s). Ideally there should be one organiser representing SAMS and one organiser representing AMS
- The title of the special session
- The research area(s)
- A synopsis and motivation
- If possible, an approximate indication of expected number of participants
- If the special session is linked to a particular plenary talk, this should be indicated
- Any logisitical requirements
See AMS manual for special session organisers
Please submit your proposals to Jacek Banasiak
See special sessions